Sunday, September 21, 2008

Swing Out Sister!

Swing Out, Sister!
It would be kind of cool if this blog had some kind of counter to track how many visitors I get here. I have to believe someone probably lands here every so often. Today, a brief chat about photographic style. That is to say, I have not defined mine yet, and I am still searching for it. I expect it will one day hit me over the head with something along the lines of: "Hey, dude! THIS is your style. It suits you and the way you want to express yourself, in images." I feel like I am getting closer to that style, but it is still too imitative of other photographic works I admire. Still, the image above, of my daughter swinging about in Werder, Germany, is getting closer to what I REALLY like to shoot and show. Like I may have said in a previous post, I am not really into completely realistic photography. I'll leave that to the photojournalists! I am more into the expression of a vision, as it were. I have posted a few more images on my flickr site in the photo set "The Indonesians" that is getting closer to a style I think I can live with. I have posted one of those two images at the bottom of this post.

Muara Baru Kids

No comments: